What is a recirculator
Special lamps are used in sterilization irradiators. It is a source of ultraviolet radiation that destroys pathogens and destroys their DNA. A recirculator is a type of irradiator in which lamps are installed inside a closed housing. In addition to one or more lamps, this medical device has a fan. It provides forced air circulation:
- air containing bacteria, viruses is absorbed in the housing and then irradiated with UV light
- purified, disinfected air is returned to the room;
- a new mass of air enters the housing.
So the whole amount of air in the room is gradually disinfected. This process is called recirculation because the fan repeatedly passes through the housing and cleans the same air.
Types of recirculators
An important feature of bactericidal recirculators is productivity, - the amount of air treated per unit time. It depends on the fan power, while the cleaning efficiency depends on the number of lamps and their total power. Based on performance, professional and household recirculators are distinguished, and the latest recirculators can be used at home. Recirculators are also classified according to their intended use, and the specifics of their installation are
- Stationary, wall-mounted, wall-mounted ceiling installation;
- movable, portable, can be mounted on horizontal surfaces;
- for installation in public transport - with improved wind resistance and power parameters, can operate at 12, 24 or 110 V;
- robot - the most advanced type of mobile recirculator.
Benefit of recirculators
The main benefit of using recirculators is that they destroy up to 99.9% of the pathogens that are in the air and suppress their vital functions, including reproduction. As a result: they main benefit of using recirculators is that they destroy up to 99.9% of the pathogenTs that are in the air and suppress their vital functions, including reproduction. As a result:
- The risk of cross-infection in hospitals, clinics, other health care institutions is reduced
- prevents the transmission of infection from patients and viruses to healthy via airborne droplets;
- the risk of infection of ready products is minimized at food industry enterprises.
Is it safe to use recirculators?
Patients of polyclinics often see a warning on the doors of their rooms: “Do not enter! Quarteting is going on ”. The idea that radiation that destroys microbes is also not safe for people has become firmly fixed in their minds. Indeed, when quartz lamps work, ozone is produced. This gas destroys pathogenic microorganisms, in small concentrations it is beneficial for human health, and in high concentrations it can cause poisoning, an allergy attack and provoke cancer. The impact of ultraviolet itself directly on the skin and the eyes is also dangerous. This is why precautions must be taken when operating most air disinfection equipment: when working with an open irradiator, you must leave the room, and after quartzing, ventilation is obligatory.
Recirculator - the most safe device for air disinfection:
- in bactericidal recirculators, lamps with bulbs made of violet glass are used instead of quartz lamps, the so called ozone-free lamps. This glass does not pass through the part of the UV spectrum that turns oxygen into ozone;
- recirculator - is the closed irradiator, UV radiation does not leave the non transparent case, only affects the air inside it;
- there are no filters in the recirculators and therefore no air pollution caused by untimely cleaning or replacement. (This is a problem occurring when using air cleaners);
- fans are silent, do not overload the nervous system.
So that recirculators can be used safely in the presence of people and pets, there is no need to take the plants out of the premises or provide ventilation ..
The recirculator helps in the control of infections
Recirculators have many advantages. They are easy to maintain and have a working life of thousands of hours. Due to forced air movement, it is disinfected even in far corners. The device can operate continuously and is used in the presence of people; in the event of an acute epidemic situation, these features make it indispensable. Due to the variety of models, it is used in different environments. For example, you can buy an inexpensive, compact recirculator model for your home or office.